Bloggingmyproclivities

Bloggingmyproclivities

Wednesday 8 February 2012

To sleep, perchance to dream. . . or just sleep would be fine too

First week of school this week and the insomnia has started up big time. I've been so busy reading up on Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams, and The Truman Show that I've had to sacrifice some yoga sessions - very sad - and as a result of being so busy I wake in the night planning and re-planning my classes.

Damn. Insomnia is no fun. None. Why doesn't the brain come with an off switch? Serious design flaw as far as I'm concerned.

Meanwhile The Princess Bride is coming back to haunt me. In the last week of the holidays I saw the Hollywood version of Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good, besides who would turn down the chance to see Daniel Craig in the all-together? Not me at any rate. But who is the co-owner of the political magazine they publish- yes, it's the Princess Bride herself, Robin Wright. OK, she looks older and she never talks about Westley but it's her!

Then last night I was watching Homeland instead of doing preparation or going salsa dancing as I really, really needed to sleep and not have my brain buzzing, and who do I run across? Mandy Patinkin, that's who.

Unfortunately he is also older and no longer speaks with a Spanish accent.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."


I slept properly last night for the first time in 5 days, wonder if the miracle will happen again tonight?

3 comments:

  1. I hope it does. I had nightmares all night. Well... twice that I remember, and I think a third time.

    The Truman show is for school? Interesting. When I was younger I wondered if my life was fake - Not like a TV show, but possibly an experiment. I'd sometimes quickly change directions or whip my head around a corner, like he did, to test it. To see if I could throw off "the powers that be" ;)

    I hope your good sleep streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems in busy times at work when I need to sleep more, I sleep less. The brain just won't shut down. Then finally a night or two comes and I do sleep. Then it starts again. Hope you are getting more sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NQ- it wasn't bad. In fact, it's been quite good because I've forced myself to be unusually well prepared and so don't wake in the night to agonize about my classes. Yes, exactly! Lots of us wonder if our lives our fake. I'm sure mine is!

    Cath- it's so annoying, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete