Bloggingmyproclivities

Bloggingmyproclivities

Thursday 4 July 2013

Ready, Set, Bake


I have joined the female race, at last.

Wait, maybe that’s stereotyping: perhaps it’s the human race I have joined. Or at least the proportion of it that bakes.

That’s right. You heard me, the part of the human race that bakes.

Every woman I know bakes. And I don’t.

But today I baked a cheesecake. I vaguely remember baking a cake once. Four years ago. I don’t remember, however, cooking a baked cheesecake. Ever. In my childhood I remember creating a refrigerated cheesecake but never a baked one.

And a good thing that is too because now I know what is actually in a cheesecake I am horrified and may never order one for dessert again.

However, I have a cheesecake in my oven right now and based on its title Foolproof Baked Cheesecake, and the fact that when I licked the bowl out I almost swooned, I am fairly confident that this cheesecake will be edible.

Anyway, how could it fail when you consider the raw ingredients?
  • Cream cheese
  • Eggs
  • Sugar
  • Butter
  • Sour cream
  • Lemon
  • And biscuits (It seemed a bit ambitious to create a base from scratch but presumably people actually do that.)

 Mix that together and anything kind of result is going to taste nice.

Fingers crossed.

However, now I have discovered the joys of baking I must watch out in case I’m lured into watching one of those cooking shows. My major objection to them is that everytime one of the participants has to leave, or something they've cooked doesn't turn out as expected, or the judges speak harshly to them and they pathetically dissolve into tears NO ONE goes all 'parent' on them.

i.e. One of the judges should grab their arm and shout:

“Are you crying?! What are you crying about?! Come here! I’ll give you something to cry about!”

Possibly while brandishing a rolling pin.

Stella x

No comments:

Post a Comment