Bloggingmyproclivities

Bloggingmyproclivities

Saturday 3 December 2011

Just Shoot Me Now

Alternative title: Get Me the Hell Out of Here

Why, you ask? Here's why:

Bouncing back from the tail spin the stupid clairvoyant had put me in by predicting NO man in my future, I stayed on the internet and had an actual 2nd date with a guy I found very attractive. I was quite taken with him. While at dinner on this 2nd date he mentions he's considered going and working overseas. Yes, in the same country as the MOS.  

Amber Alert!

Amber Alert!

Amber Alert!

The next day I think, "No. Don't do that. Stay in the same country." I continue on my merry way, pretty much "stoked" that I'd met this nice guy who seems normal and like he is wanting a relationship. 

We have a 3rd date. During this time I ask him about this overseas option and flippantly ask him why the men I meet all seem to want to go and work there in East Timor. This leads to a discussion, of course, wherein he asks what was the name of this man that I had the non-relationship with. . . 


Red Alert!

Red Alert!

Red Alert!

Yes, of course they freakin' well know each other! Not only do they know each other, they are quite good friends. I resisted the urge to run screaming from the restaurant. Somehow. And just stayed there and felt uncomfortable. He excused himself to go to the Little Boys' Room, I whipped out my phone and text three friends in uncomprehending horror. 

Really, can I catch a break here? I have a fairly awful suspicion that this guy doesn't actually want a relationship either.

I am about to turn to voodoo or witchcraft here. What the hell do I have to do to find a man?

A man who wants a relationship?

A man who lives and works in the country?

Someone please tell me.  Oh, and BTW I am NOT moving to East Timor. 

Thank you. 
 

2 comments:

  1. O.M.G. - HORROR! I don't know what to say. Maybe because I'm too busy holding my breath :oO

    ReplyDelete