Bloggingmyproclivities

Bloggingmyproclivities

Friday 4 November 2011

Houston, we have contact.

Contact, that is, with another man courtesy of the on-line dating thing. Mr Paramedic didn't work out for me, or him it turns out. He text and said he'd rather leave it, even though he thought "long and hard and then some" about it. He didn't quite specify why but he did say he suspected I felt the same. 

I replied and agreed. I didn't say there were no sparks for me just that I felt the same. But he was very nice and told me I was "lovely and witty too." That's nice, isn't it?

So, despite my profile being slightly sarcastic now, someone else has contacted me. Apparently he likes the slightly sarcastic tone of my profile. I can't quite figure out what he does but he is in a band part-time. That's kinda cool and groovy. Plus he meets my criteria of not looking old enough to pass for my father. And he admits that he is looking for someone "good looking" and follows this up with "shallow old me." The rest of his profile is all slightly scornful and self-deprecating about the whole on-line dating process which appeals to me immensely. 

We've exchanged a couple of emails which have been fun and display the proper amount of punctuation. (Not everyone involved in on-line dating understands the importance of having your profile proof-read and punctuated. This completely mystifies me. I'm also rarely attracted to the men who write their profile ALL IN UPPERCASE AND FORGET ABOUT FULL STOPS) 

We both agree that the inner city suburbs are the place to be, although only one of us lives there. (Guess who.) Right now that's where it stands, I will update when/if there is some progress. Fingers crossed, again.



9 comments:

  1. Hope it works out, or at least provides good blog fodder! BTW, don't know whether I've asked this before but have you read 'Petite Francaise'? It's a true story by Catherine Sanderson. Most interesting for a blogger. Good luck with the house hunting. I live in the inner - over-priced - urbs. Wouldn't want to have to buy a house in my street now. Was cheap 25 years ago! Happily. I wouldn't move, even though I don't really take advantage of what the city has to offer, apart from the occasional Thursday night shop at Highpoint. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we've exchanged a couple of witty emails.. and he's sort of semi famous. . . at least when I googled him several references came up! Havne't read the book, will see if the library has it.
    Fraudy, you ARE the trendy inner city teacher. . . Highpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said he's in a band part time, my first thought was that IS his job! But heck if it pays enough to support him, who cares!

    I always think people who write in ALL CAPS are either kids, developmentally disabled, or old and blind. - In other words... yeah, skip 'em! (unless someone flat out *says* they're blind and has an otherwise interesting profile!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NQ- Well, who knows it it's enough to support him. . . looks like a date is looming this week so that'll give me fodder for posting and keep me NaBloPoMo-ing. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes... dating for fodder... the things you do for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NQ_ not just dating for blog fodder. . in fact thinking of just giving it up and joining a nunnery like they did in the old days. Not only is muso guy already annoying me, while out yesterday in a group situation the bloke who always has too much to say on EVERY topic took a shine to me. Why do they always hone in on me? Why?
    Where are the normal men? My sarcastic and bitter self really can't cope with much more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I even start, my word verification is "wereal" :)

    Don't give up on the dating thing if being in a relationship is important to you - which it sounds like it is. (Bear in mind this is advice from someone who couldn't care less about being in a relationship!)

    As for "Mr Wrong" honing in on you, been there done that. I think it's because no one else will talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NQ problem might be in real life I tend to be polite and pleasant when first meeting someone. . if I were sarcastic and horrible these people wouldn't hone in on me, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup. Me too. I'm never really horrible to anyone, even after they get to know me. *Annoying* perhaps ;) but I treat people well. - Which makes it all the more difficult to get rid of those Mr. Wrongs!

    ReplyDelete